- "I didn’t know that this place would be so peaceful and breath-taking. I love it and I don’t want to leave."
- "This was my first time at Grailville.
I enjoyed it so much! Hospitable and comfortable, incredible people."
- "Thank you for helping me to focus on what is truly important."
- "I found space to breathe and let the divine speak."
GRAILVILLE IN 2015
The Grail in the United States, which owns Grailville, is part of an international women’s movement working in 17 countries. As individuals and collectively, The Grail is committed to spiritual search, social transformation, global solidarity, ecological sustainability and the release of women’s creative energy throughout the world.
The Grail membership recently gathered to review how, and how well, they are advancing its mission at Grailville. They affirmed:
- Grailville’s mission will continue to focus on sustainable agriculture and local food production
- A portion of Grailville’s property, which has been a beloved oasis for 70 years, will permanently house the spiritual home of The Grail in the U.S. This includes the Oratory building and Grail Cemetery
- Retreats and programming will cease June 30th 2015, allowing flexibility for exploration of new paths in the future
GOALS FOR GRAILVILLE
The Grail is seeking new sustainable uses for Grailville’s land and/or buildings. In October 2014, the Grailville Future Committee issued an invitation for individuals, organizations, institutions and companies to submit proposals for the use of all or part of Grailville’s 315 acres and buildings.
he Grail awaits receipt of these proposals—due in February—which may or may not include partnership arrangements, tenant/lease arrangements, or purchase of some portion of the property. The intent is to leverage existing investment in the land and facilities in order to support their mission, core principles and vision of good stewardship of the land. Organic food production on the agricultural acreage and partnering with like-minded groups or organizations is encouraged.
RETREAT & PROGRAM CENTER TO CLOSE
In 2015, Grailville will host retreats and meetings only through June 30, 2015. The Grailville store will remain open through June 30th. While the Grailville Retreat and Program Center has been an anchor for the community, a home for like-missioned organizations, and provided inspiration to individuals for many years, the time has come to move in a different direction. As a community of participants who have benefited, we acknowledge that with any “end” there are feelings of loss, concern, and uncertainty. But without an “end” there cannot be a new “beginning.”
The bounty of Grailville’s Organic Kitchen Garden will continue to be available at the Loveland Farmers Market through the 2015 growing season. Grailville’s trails and labyrinth will remain open and accessible to the public during daytime hours. As always, they are free, and leashed dogs are welcome on the trails.
During this transition, there will be news to share, announcements made, and opportunities to remain connected. Continue to check on our website and Facebook page for news as plans emerge and are implemented.
On behalf of the staff at Grailville, and The Grail in the United States, thank you for participating in all that has been shared at Grailville over the last 70 years.
- Terrie Puckett